All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $15 for one ticket to see The Winery Dogs (up to $38 value)
- When: Saturday, May 3, at 8 p.m.
- Where: State Theatre
- Section: mid balcony, upper balcony, or gallery
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The Winery Dogs
**The Winery Dogs – "Elevate" (Official Music Video)
- The Winery Dogs are: a supergroup in every sense of the term—except having super powers
- The members: Richard Kotzen, Billy Sheehan, Mike Portnoy
- How you know lead singer and guitarist Richie Kotzen: for his gigs in Poison and Mr. Big, his work with jazz legend Stanley Clarke, and perhaps his stint opening for The Rolling Stones
- His guitar style: a fusion of rock, blues, and jazz accentuated by his use of legato
- How you know bassist and backing vocalist Billy Sheehan: from his years with Steve Vai, Mr. Big, and David Lee Roth
- His bass tricks: chording, two-handed tapping, and right hand “three-finger picking”
- Which led to: him being named “Best Rock Bass Player” five times in Guitar Player magazine’s Reader’s Poll
- Mike Portney is: the drummer and co-founder of prog-metal band Dream Theater, and winner of a whopping 29 awards from Modern Drummer magazine
- Portney’s place among the greats: he’s the second youngest drummer to be inducted into Modern Drummer’s Hall of Fame
- Why Portney will never forgive Neal Peart: the Rush drummer is the first youngest
The State Theatre was saved, as its website states, from “the ravages of time.” Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue’s signature dome.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 3, 2014. Limit 10/person. Venue assigns seat location; no exchanges or upgrades. Redeem for ticket starting 90min prior to show.Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at will call. Doors open 1 hr before showtime. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase under same Groupon account to sit together. Stairs required to access balcony sections. Patrons with disabilities must contact State Theatre prior to purchase. Patrons of all ages require a ticket. Discount reflects State Theatre's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About State Theatre New Jersey
The State Theatre New Jersey was saved, as its website states, from "the ravages of time." Built in 1921 as a vaudeville and silent-film palace, the venue fell on hard times in the 1970s. In 2003, however, a $3 million renovation restored the State Theatre New Jersey to much of its original glory, as crews painstakingly rehabbed the ornamental plaster, terracotta exterior, and actor holding cells. Inside the theater, a stunning chandelier sparkles more brightly than ever below the venue's signature dome.