What You'll Get
- $20 for one general-admission ticket (up to $38.15 value)
- The Yardbirds sound pre-1965: covers of American blues and R&B standards, refracted through the prism of the band’s own knack for off-the-rails instrumental passages and improvisation
- What changed in 1965: the band found its own voice with the single “For Your Love,” which eschewed the pop conventions of the time with surprising color changes, droning harmonies, and an arrangement involving harpsichord and bongos
- Since then: the Yardbirds broke new ground with its use of distortion, feedback, and amplification—forever broadening the scope of rock and roll
- Legendary alumni: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page, three of the five greatest guitarists of all time according to Rolling Stone’s top 100 list.
- Current lineup: founding Yardbirds member and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Jim McCarty is joined by guitarist Johnny A., former Bob Dylan bassist Kenny Aaronson, blues harpist Myke Scavone, and guitarist-vocalist John Idan, who appeared on the band’s 2003 album Birdland.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 16, 2015. Limit 8/person. Redeem on 11/15 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.