- $10 for two reserved tickets (up to $24 value)
Dates and Times
- Friday, April 1, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 2, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 3, at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 8, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 9, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 10, at 2 p.m.
Six Characters in Search of an Author
- The Characters: woefully unfinished. Father, Mother, Stepdaughter, Son, Boy, and Child have only hastily sketched stories—and certainly don’t have names.
- The Author: not an author at all. Instead, he’s a stage director, but he’s gamely stepped up to help these six live up to their potential.
- The Play: the actual play, the one in the real world, debuted in 1921 and caused quite an uproar for its reality-bending premise, its nonlinear progression, and its sometimes scandalous content.
Theatre at Grand Valley
The official theater of Grand Valley State University takes drama seriously. With a small student-to-faculty ratio and instructors who necessitate hands-on experience, the learning troupe produces plays that range from Urinetown: The Musical to Shakespearean tragedies. And the company's love for theatre in all its forms spills beyond the stage, too, with the Grand Valley Shakespeare Festival every fall celebrating Shakespearean values such as maintaining professionalism and a waxed goatee. The results of this immersion speak for themselves: alumni have gone on to work at Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, stage manage MGM Grand in Las Vegas, appear in a BMW commercial, and write a book about improvising.