- One or two tickets to Tape by Stephen Belber
- When: March 19–April 4
- Where: Threshold Repertory Theatre
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $16 for one ticket (up to $28.38 value)
- $30 for two tickets (up to $56.76 value)
Tape by Stephen Belber
- The Plot: three long-time friends, each of them holding onto unresolved issues from their high school days, gather in a hotel room in Lansing, Michigan to hash it all out.
- For Fans Of: dramas fraught with palpable tension; playwright Stephen Belber, who penned Broadway’s Match and co-wrote The Laramie Project
- Its Hollywood Ties: the film version was adapted by Richard Linklater in 2001 and starred Uma Thurman, Ethan Hawke, and Robert Sean Leonard
Threshold Repertory Theatre
"Threshold creates huge musicals in a little theater," read the headline of a recent Charleston City Paper profile of Threshold Repertory Theatre. Audiences will recognize many of the works the company performs from Broadway and beyond, but in its 100-seat black-box theater, even the splashiest showpieces take on new intimacy. “What happens in this space is that the audience seriously begins to blend with the story," previous artistic director Pamela Nichols Galle told the City Paper. Threshold gives patrons direct access to the brains and talents of directors, playwrights, and actors. Before or after a show, guests can get into the theatrical spirit by enjoying beer, wine and snacks from the box office's concession stand.