What You'll Get
- $53 for one ticket to Laff Out Loud & Friends Present: The Throwback Hip Hop Concert Series, plus after-party (up to $68.19 value). The after-party lasts until 2 a.m., and may feature appearances by performers.
- When: Saturday, May 30, at 8 p.m.
- Where: First District Plaza
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Laff Out Loud & Friends Present: The Throwback Hip Hop Concert Series
- Rakim: Known as “the God MC,” Rakim has been cited as an inspiration by virtually all of the greats—Tupac, Nas, Jay-Z, Notorious B.I.G., Eminem, and Wu-Tang Clan-members GZA, Ghostface Killah, and Raekwon.
- Nice and Smooth: Greg Nice and Smooth B in turns wax humorous and attack AIDS, drugs, and poverty in hits such as “Sometimes I Rhyme Slow…” and “Hip-Hop Junkies.”
- The Lost Boyz: This hip-hop trio first hit the charts in 1995 with “Lifestyles of the Rich & Shameless” before landing their first gold single, “Renee,” as featured on the soundtrack of Don’t Be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.
- E.S.T.: Robert “E.S.T” Waller became a Philly icon as part of Three Times Dope, and has since become a Grammy-nominated songwriter for acts such as Destiny’s Child.
- Tuff Crew: Dubbed “Philly’s first rap supergroup” thanks to a cast of ringers such as L.A. Kid, Ice Dog, Monty G, Tone Love, and DJ Too Tuff, plus that time they saved the city from folk-rock aliens, Tuff Crew landed on the charts with ”My Parta Town” and helped pioneer the turntablist movement.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 30, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem on 5/30 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at First District Plaza. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Laff Out Loud, LLC's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.