All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed March 22, 2012
Reviewed March 21, 2012
Reviewed March 21, 2012
What You'll Get
History tends to repeat itself, which means there’s a good chance you’ll get run over by another war elephant. Admire what history has taught us thus far with today’s Groupon to Titanic The Experience. Choose between the following options:
- For $12, you get one ticket to Titanic The Experience (up to a $23.60 value).
- For $59, you two tickets to the Titanic Dinner Event and a prix fixe dinner at 7:45 p.m. on a Saturday (a $129.90 value).<p>
Celebrating the ship’s 100th anniversary, Titanic The Experience’s live actors, full-scale models, and 20,000-square-foot interactive museum faithfully recreate the poignant story of one of the world’s most famous ships. During the interactive Titanic Dinner Event, which takes place on Saturday evenings at 7:45 p.m., actors don period-era costumes and reenact the famed Widener Party, which celebrated the retirement of the ship’s Captain Smith. Guests are immersed in the mystery and lore of the tragic tale as actors portray such iconic characters as Molly Brown and the time-traveling Gilligan within the full-scale re-creation of the Titanic’s grand staircase and the boiler room. More than 200 artifacts from the ship’s history are on display as well, including an apology letter from the glacier.
As guests watch the story unfold, they dine from a menu of upscale fare, such as the fillet of beef with mushroom demi or the chicken breast with lyonnaise. When coupled with the chef’s selection of seasonal vegetables or rosemary roasted red potatoes, main courses blossom into hearty meals. The bar’s taps and bottles fill glasses with unlimited wine, beer, or cough syrup (an additional $15), and a vegetarian menu is available upon request.
Though Titanic The Experience sometimes features a discounted price online, this deal still offers the best deal available.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 21, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 12/14 for admission at Titanic The Experience box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must reserve together to sit together. Discount reflects TTE's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of event. Reservation reqd for dinner option. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Titanic The Experience
When they enter Titanic The Experience, visitors receive a replica boarding pass. From there, they relive the ship's history from a passenger's perspective, from life onboard during its 1912 maiden voyage through to the crash. The exhibit closes with updates on modern efforts to recover its wreckage, which the museum is thoroughly part of—it's myriad artifacts were found by a team that performed seven deep-sea expeditions.
- Size: More than 5,500 authentic artifacts, including one of the passengers' perfume bottles, and china etched with the White Star Line's logo.
- Eye-catcher: The 17-ton section of the ship's hull.
- Don't miss: A glimpse at the paper documents that, against all odds, survived the shipwreck. Their story? They're from leather suitcases and briefcases; the era's tanning process made leather repel ocean microorganisms.
- Pro tip: The exhibit's artifacts are conserved, not restored. They team prevents them from decaying further, but wants to show the damage done by the shipwreck, the ocean, and the passage of time.