- Admission to a two-hour BYOB glass sun catcher workshop
- Where: workshop is held at a public studio in downtown Houston
- When: select dates, September 2–November 6
- Door time: 10 a.m., 10:30 a.m., or 6:30 p.m.
- Participants should wear closed-toe shoes and light clothing; weather appropriate wear is recommended
- $69 for one admission
- $124 for two admissions
What You’ll Do
When hanging by a window on a bright day, sun catchers can invite colorful streams of light into your home. During this two-hour workshop, professional glass artists give you the tools, guidance, and creative spark you’ll need to design your own sun catcher with unique and vibrant patterns. They first cover the basics, then help you assemble an 8”x10” framed piece.
Learn the Basics of Glass Mosaic Art
Instructors cover the techniques and tools you’ll use to assemble a piece of glass mosaic art.
Work with Glass
With the instructors’ guidance, you’ll create a glass sun catcher with colors and patterns of your choosing.
Take Your Art Home
At the end of the session, guests take home their 8”x10” glass mosaic, ready to be placed in a window or given as a gift.
To Mark Todd, sculpting glass is a lot like playing jazz. He improvises as he blows and shapes the molten material into different pieces of art—and he always keeps some good tunes playing while he works. His passion was honed during more than a decade of training, including studies at glassblowing studios in Brooklyn and Boston.
Juggernaut Glass Houston
720 Walnut St.
by Sterrett Street
Houston, TX 77002