- $25 for one ticket to see Todd Rundgren (up to $49.25 value)
- When: Tuesday, August 18, at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Paramount
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Click here to view the venue layout
- The massive talents of Todd Rundgren: jaw-dropping guitarist, virtuoso keyboardist, ahead-of-the-curve tech junkie, sought-after record producer, and idiosyncratic genre jumper
- His legacy: pop hits such as “Hello It’s Me” and “I Saw the Light” that live in classic-rock-radio perpetuity; the workforce-shunning anthem “Bang the Drum All Day”
- His nickname (if he was a competitive eater): Hungry Todd Rungrey
- Albums you own that have his thumbprints all over them: Meat Loaf’s Bat Out of Hell, The Band’s Stage Fright, XTC’s Skylarking
- Rundgren’s own latest album that has his audacious brain juice all over it: Global, which finds him exploring new avenues of electronic dance music, all while maintaining his gift for hooks
- The show: eschewing his typical full rock-band setup, the Global tour finds Todd flanked by dancing female vocalists and backed by a keyboardist/DJ at center stage, all while shrouded in kaleidoscopic effects that Todd calls a “video and lighting spectacle to behold”
- The setlist: expect to hear plenty of vibrant new tracks from Global, along with reinvented takes on solo favorites and gems from Todd’s Utopia era
An oasis for arts-loving crowds tired of taking malfunctioning teleporters to the city, the cavernous Paramount draws in major acts to spare fans stressful commutes. The venue buzzes with a true rock 'n' roll vibe, beaming with a nocturnal color scheme decorated with whimsical local art and exposed brick walls.