What You'll Get
- $25 for one ticket to see Todd Rundgren (up to $35 value)
- When: Wednesday, September 2, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Mercury Ballroom
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- The massive talents of Todd Rundgren: jaw-dropping guitarist, virtuoso keyboardist, ahead-of-the-curve tech junkie, sought-after record producer, and idiosyncratic genre jumper
- His legacy: pop hits such as “Hello It’s Me” and “I Saw the Light” that live in classic-rock-radio perpetuity; the workforce-shunning anthem “Bang the Drum All Day”
- His nickname (if he was a competitive eater): Hungry Todd Rungrey
- Albums you own that have his thumbprints all over them: Meat Loaf’s Bat Out of Hell, The Band’s Stage Fright, XTC’s Skylarking
- Rundgren’s own latest album that has his audacious brain juice all over it: Global, which finds him exploring new avenues of electronic dance music, all while maintaining his gift for hooks
- The show: eschewing his typical full rock-band setup, the Global tour finds Todd flanked by dancing female vocalists and backed by a keyboardist/DJ at center stage, all while shrouded in kaleidoscopic effects that Todd calls a “video and lighting spectacle to behold”
- The setlist: expect to hear plenty of vibrant new tracks from Global, along with reinvented takes on solo favorites and gems from Todd’s Utopia era
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 2, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Refundable only on day of purchase. For ADA accommodations, call box office immediately after purchase - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Ticketmaster, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Not redeemable on mobile app. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.