- $19 for one ticket to Songs of War & Peace featuring The Toronto Mandolin Orchestra and the Shevchenko Choir (up to $38 value)
- When: Sunday, May 17, at 2 p.m.
- Where: St. Michael’s College School Centre for the Arts
- Seating: mezzanine 1 or 2 (seats 1–24), mezzanine 3 (rows AA–CC), or orchestra main (row P or Q; up to $38 value)
- Door time: 1:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the seating chart. Select “seating map” to see a drop-down image of the layout.
Songs of War & Peace featuring The Toronto Mandolin Orchestra and the Shevchenko Choir
- Theme of Part One: elegiac compositions that pay tribute to those who have fought in a war
- Theme of Part Two: more celebratory music of enlightenment and peace
- The Orchestra: a fleet of mandolins joined by woodwinds, piano, an accordion, percussion, guest soloists, and the harmonies of the Shevchenko Choir
Shevchenko Musical Ensemble
The Shevchenko Musical Ensemble brings Eastern Europe to North America. But rather than using a cumbersome land-bridge, the company transports the folk, classical, and contemporary music of the Ukrainian people and other ethnic groups to Canada via lively performance. Throughout the season, the ensemble—made up of a choir, a mandolin orchestra, and folk dancers—present events ranging from lectures to orchestral concerts. And though SME has been a part of Ontario's cultural landscape for more than 55 years, its dedication to revitalizing classical works keeps the ancient heart of Ukrainian traditions beating half a world away.