What You'll Get
- $29 for one ticket for balcony seating (up to $70.50 value)
- $39 for one ticket for main floor seating (up to $127.50 value)
- $49 for one ticket for mezzanine seating (up to $148 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Dates and Times
- Wednesday, February 17, at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, February 18, at 8 p.m.
Baiba Skride will sign CDs during a post-concert event in the north lobby.
- Bertrand—Rideaux et Fanfares: Although a native of Quebec, Simon Bertrand has traveled the world with his music. He combines elements of jazz with European and non-Western aesthetics, and the results have earned him the 2012 Opus Composer of the Year prize.
- Brahms—Violin Concerto: Brahms was a pianist, not a violinist. But he wanted to make Germany proud and write a violin concerto in the same class as Beethoven’s and Mendelssohn’s, so he turned to his violinist friend Joseph Joachim for advice. The result is a work that’s upbeat, lyrical, and light-hearted with an almost bipolar turbulence beneath.
- Franck—Symphony in D minor: César Franck’s only symphony—first performed only a year before his death—spins cyclic variations on a triad of themes throughout three movements.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 18, 2016. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. Disability seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Must provide email address at checkout which we will provide to facilitate redemption. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.