- $13 for one ticket to Tour de Force: An Evening of Broadway Showstoppers, presented by Opera Mariposa (up to $22 value)
- When: Saturday, May 16, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Marpole United Church
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
Tour de Force: An Evening of Broadway Showstoppers
- The Songs: Selections from Wicked, Gypsy, Sweeney Todd, and other classic musicals.
- The Performers: Acclaimed, multiple-award-winning sopranos Jacqueline Ko and Robin Eder-Warren and baritone-tenor Kyle Preston Oliver
- The Reason: Ko, who has lived with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since a young age, raises money for the National ME/FM Action Network
Opera Mariposa and the Mariposa Theatre Wing
Opera Mariposa's mission is in its name. Taking its title from the Spanish word for "butterfly," the company aims to inspire talented and promising young performers to shed their literal cocoons and morph into the stars of tomorrow. It's the vision of soprano Jacqueline Ko, who set out to spotlight up-and-coming talent from throughout North America. Under her artistic direction, artists share both original and time-honoured pieces, ranging from revues of Broadway numbers to stagings of eighteenth-century works. It's an approach that has won acclaim from audiences and critics alike—Glass City remarked, "perhaps one of the most charming aspects of Opera Mariposa, is the sincere desire of those involved to break their audience’s preconceived notions, and to share their passion" and one of the young company's productions was hailed as "a masterpiece" by Review Vancouver, while The Voice called another "a stroke of genius."