Every music fan dreams of being called up onto the stage at a concert to sing alongside their favorite vocalist, and, in a carefree moment, lift their elbows in rhythm. Be free with this GrouponLive deal.
- Hosted by Jawan Strader, Tracey Night with Jay Wray & Music 4 Lyfe, Zipporah, DJ Genesis, and DJ Meat
- When: Saturday, September 28, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Soho Studios
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $25 for one general-admission ticket (up to a $48.15 value)
- $900 for a VIP package for four (up to a $1,200 value), which includes private seating, VIP greeting, party favors, two bottles of your choice (one liquor and one champagne or wine), and mixers<p>
Melodies in Midtown
- Formerly known as: TOI
- Sounds like: a blend of reggae, dance, pop, and R&B with some satiny-smooth vocals stirred in
- Most recent singles: “Invincible” and “Understand”
- Why she almost didn’t record “Invincible”: she initially wrote it for Erica Mena of VH1’s Love & Hip Hop
- Why she recorded it instead, in her words: “…the lyrics are a true embodiment of the emotional difficulties I was experiencing at that time.”
- Another new tune: “Get to You,” a ‘lover’s rock’ song
- What the song is: a ballad for distanced lovers
- What the song is not: a how-to guide for getting on someone’s nerves<p>
- Has performed with: Kelly Rowland, Timbaland, and David Guetta
- Plays: R&B, hip-hop, world music, reggae, and soca<p>
- Their sound: laid-back grooves with a tinge of reggae
- Renaissance man: saxophonist Jay Wray is also a clothing designer, TV producer, and CEO of a management firm<p>
- Co-founder of Street Connect DJ’s
- Founder of Stamped N Da Streetz mixtapes<p>