Every rap track must have a solid backbeat, which can be composed of the sound of drums, handclaps, or birds flying into glass doors. Feel the rhythm with this GrouponLive deal.
- $29 for one ticket to the Trillectro Music Festival (up to a $44.42 value) with a Skip-the-Line pass (up to a $15 value; up to a $59.42 total value)
- When: Saturday, August 17, from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: DC Fairgrounds
- General admission
- Door time: 11 a.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view (and hear) the festival lineup.
- Click here to view the venue layout.
Trillectro Music Festival
- What is it?: D.C.'s second annual celebration of electronic and hip-hop artists
- What's up with the name?: it's a portmanteau of "trill," slang for "authentic," and "electro," short for "electronic"
- Local DJs: Alex Young, Nadastrom, Gent & Jawns
- DJs from out-of-town: Goldroom, and Salva from Los Angeles; DJ Sliink from New Jersey
- Rappers from everywhere: A$AP Ferg from Harlem (and A$AP Rocky's A$AP Mob); King Chip from Cleveland; Travi$ Scott from Houston
- Odd band out: Brooklyn's Ghost Beach, who plays summery, self-dubbed "tropical grit pop"
- Who to listen to for chilled out grooves: DJ Sliink
- Who to listen to for electro: Goldroom and Alex Young
- Who to listen to for rugged, raw club jams: Gent & Jawns, Salva, DJ Sliink
- Who to listen to for when you just gotta dance it out: Carnage for more extreme feelings; Ghost Beach for less extreme feelings
- Who Diplo called "very scary": Gent & Jawns
- Why: "They have more tattoos together than all my friends."