What You'll Get
- $40 for one party package to see Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue (up to $55.75 value)
- When: Wednesday, May 13, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Mercury Ballroom
- General admission standing
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Mardi Gras in May party starts at 7 p.m.
- Cajun buffet prior to the show with crawfish etouffee, jambalaya, carmelized corn and beans, and bread pudding
- Drink specials including hurricanes
- After-show starring local artists
Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue
- How bandleader Troy “Trombone Shorty” Andrews describes the band’s genre: “supafunkrock”
- What that means: New Orleans jazz, plus some extra funk and soul, plus louder guitars, all blown up to arena size
- How the Austin Chronicle summed up Shorty’s appeal in a 2010 review: “An incredible horn player and surprisingly effective singer, Shorty commands the stage with the swagger of an MC, his opening horn stabs hitting as hard as any hip-hop beat and practically begging for a guest verse from Weezy.”
- Where you’ve seen Trombone Shorty blow his horn: on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, Austin CityLimits, and in a recurring role on HBO’s Treme
- Other artists who’ve shared the stage or the studio with Shorty: Eric Clapton, Lenny Kravitz, Dave Matthews Band, Rod Stewart, Janelle Monáe, and Cee Lo Green
- Latest album likely to make your neighbors come and dance on your lawn: Say That to Say This
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 13, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem on 5/13 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Mercury Ballroom. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Live Nation's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.