What You'll Get
- One ticket to see UB40, starting from $22.12
- Click here to view all available dates, showtimes, and seating sections
When you click “Buy,” you’ll be redirected to tobincenter.org to complete your transaction. This voucher applies toward the face value of tickets, but you’ll still need to pay all tobincenter.org fees in full.
- How you know UB40: undoubtedly for their cover of Neil Diamond’s “Red Red Wine”
- What you might not have known (besides the fact that it’s a Neil Diamond song): the name UB40 is a reference to a British unemployment benefit form, and Ali Campbell is the original lead singer
- How they settled on that name: it just came to them when they met each other—while standing in the unemployment line
- How they became known in Great Britain (and left unemployment behind): their strongly leftist politics, multiracial makeup, and close association with The Pretenders
- Songs they’ve added a reggae beat to (other than “Red Red Wine”): The Temptations’ “The Way You Do the Things You Do,” Al Green’s “Here I Am (Come and Take Me),” and Elvis’ “Can’t Help Falling in Love”—their biggest hit to date
- Their latest album with a political message: 2005’s Who You Fighting For?, which was nominated for the Best Reggae Album in 2006
- Their latest album of transformative dancehall covers: 2013’s Getting Over the Storm, which set its rhythmic sights on country artists such as George Jones, Willie Nelson, and Randy Travis
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 21, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Customers buy through http://gr.pn/1KcUMED. Contact Tobin Center at 210-223-8624 with questions. See Groupon's Third Party site terms here. Must purchase together to sit together. Tobin Center is the issuer of tickets. Discount reflects Tobin Center's current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event. Additional ticket fees apply at time of purchase. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.