The slam-dunk is one of the most exhilarating plays in sports, along with the home run and whenever a horse kicks a field goal. See high-flying hoops action with this GrouponLive deal.
- University of Buffalo men’s and women’s basketball
- Where: Alumni Arena
- Seating: 300-level seating
- Door time: One hour before game time
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart. <p>
Dates and Tickets
- $10 for one ticket to see the men’s basketball team against St. Bonaventure on Saturday, December 7, at 2 p.m. (a $17.85 value)
- $39 for four tickets to see a doubleheader on Saturday, November 16, featuring the women’s team against Cornell at 12:30 p.m. and the men’s team against West Virginia Wesleyan at 3 p.m. (a $83.40 value) <p>
The Scouting Report
On Saturday, November 16, the University of Buffalo men’s basketball team faces off against West Virginia Wesleyan in the season home opener. On the court the team looks much the same as last season, featuring returning upperclassmen Auraum Nuiriankh—last year’s leading scorer—and Javon McCrea—last year’s top rebounder—in the starting rotation. But on the sideline, new head coach Bobby Hurley looks to orchestrate a successful first season, using decades worth of basketball wisdom to coach the team to victory without bringing back the performance-enhancing short shorts of his playing days. As an NCAA athlete in the 1990s, Hurley made three consecutive Final Four appearances, winning back-to-back national championships in 1991 and 1992. <p>
Like the men’s team, the women’s team features many familiar faces in the starting five. Under the guidance of second-year head coach Felisha Legette-Jack, the team rallies around returning talent such as center/forward Christa Baccas, last year’s top scorer and most accurate shooter from inside the key. <p>
University of Buffalo Athletics
Today, the University of Buffalo athletics program offers 20 Division I sports for men and women, including football, basketball, softball, swimming, and tennis. But despite the program’s breadth and depth, it came from humble beginnings. The football team was first assembled by a group of 14 medical students in 1894, back when all football teams had an offensive line and an anesthesiologist instead of a quarterback. By 1897, the team amassed enough talent to post a perfect 7–0 record. Since then they have amassed a storied history, and now play before up to 29,020 fans at UB Stadium, also the home of Buffalo’s track and field events and men’s and women’s soccer games.