- $8 for two general-admission tickets (up to $32 value)
- Opponent: University of Victoria Vikes
- Available dates: Friday, January 15, at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. or Saturday, January 16, at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. On both days, the women play first.
The Scouting Report
For the first time in more than a month, the University of Alberta’s men’s and women’s basketball teams will take the court during back-to-back doubleheaders on January 15 and 16. The Pandas will tip off the action against the University of Victoria Vikes on both nights. Once the final buzzer on those games sounds and the refs crochet a new pair of baskets, the Golden Bears will rumble onto the court for matchups of their own. Both doubleheaders will feature top players; here are a couple to keep an eye on:
- Jessilyn Fairbanks: The senior guard has helped establish the Pandas as a top-ranked team. In her last game before December’s exam break, she collected a team-high 24 points and led the Pandas to a victory over the Calgary Dinos.
- Mamadou Gueye: A former Canada West Rookie of the Year, Gueye continued to set personal bests in a Golden Bears’ victory on November 28. That game, he dropped a career-high 35 points on the Regina Cougars and added nine rebounds for safe measure.
Saville Community Sports Centre
11610 - 65th Ave.
Edmonton, AB T6G 2E1