Reliving America’s frontier days has been a trying task ever since Hollywood Westerns fell out of vogue and your 10-gallon hat was ruined by that 10-gallon guacamole recipe. Go west with this GrouponLive deal to see the University of Nebraska–Lincoln Rodeo Association’s annual rodeo at Lancaster Event Center. Choose between the following options:
- For $12, you get two general-admission tickets (a $24 value) and a popcorn from the concession stand (a $3 value; a $27 total value)
- For $19, you get four general-admission tickets and two popcorns (up to a $54 total value)<p>
Admission is valid for one of the following times:
- Thursday, April 19, at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 20, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 21, at 1:30 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. On this day—Kids’ Day—children 12 and younger receive free admission to the 1:30 p.m. show.
- Sunday, April 22, at 1:30 p.m. For this performance, which is dedicated to active-duty military and veterans, admission for is $5 at the door with a valid military ID.<p>
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln Rodeo Association—a student organization dedicated to promoting the sport of rodeo, preserving western heritages, and holding a mutual respect for livestock—stampedes into the Lancaster Event Center to kick up some dirt during its 54th annual competition. Composed of budding wranglers who compete as part of the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association’s Great Plains Region, the club has bucked a number of past participants to Nationals to compete as finalists. During the annual Lincoln event, riders unsheathe their spurs and brandish lassos for a variety of events from steer wrestling to team roping.
Special activities planned over the course of the four-day competition help celebrate the sport’s culture and its fans, including a dance at Uncle Ron’s Bar after the April 19 event and a day devoted to kids on April 21, when youngsters aged 12 and younger can attend for free. On April 22, the association celebrates the nation’s heroes with a tribute to veterans, who also receive $5 admission at the door.