- $13 for one ticket to a Richmond Spiders basketball game, plus a souvenir cup (a $5 value for the cup; a $28 total value)
- Where: Robins Center
- Seating: Premium
- Door time: One hour before tip-off
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- Against High Point University on Saturday, November 22, at 1 p.m.
- Against William & Mary on Wednesday, December 3, at 7 p.m.
- Against Howard University on Saturday, December 13, at 6 p.m.
- Against the University of South Alabama on Thursday, December 18, at 7 p.m.
The Scouting Report
A season ago, the Richmond men’s basketball team saw several of its young players step up in big ways down the stretch. The Spiders posted a strong finish to the season, including a win over Duquesne in the Atlantic 10 tournament. This month, the team returns to the court behind that same core of budding stars. Senior guard Kendall Anthony will once gain lead the way, either by sinking baskets or not allowing his younger teammates to get tricked into buying elevator passes. Already named to the pre-season All-Conference team, Anthony will have the chance to build upon his 16 points-per-game mark from last year. He’ll be joined by the likes of sophomore ShawnDre’ Jones, who Sports Illustrated picked to have a breakout sophomore campaign.
University of Richmond Athletics
The history of the University of Richmond’s athletics program stretches back to the 1800s. The Spiders’ football team has faced the College of William and Mary more than 100 times since 1898, making their rivalry over the Capital Cup the fourth-longest in college football, not including the timeless rivalry between groundskeepers and gophers. On the national stage, the Spiders won the NCAA Division I FCS Championship in 2008, their first-ever nationwide title. Such outsized accolades extend to Richmond’s men’s basketball team as well. The Spiders have a reputation for upsetting heavy favorites in March as the only team in NCAA tournament history to win games as a 12-seed, 13-seed, 14-seed, and 15-seed.