Going to a basketball game lets fans feel the excitement and hear the pleas for quiet from the family living underneath the bleachers. Root for the home team with this GrouponLive deal to see the University of Richmond Spiders men’s basketball team play at the Robins Center. For $13, you get a game package (up to a $27 total value) that includes the following:
- One ticket for premium seating (up to a $22 value, including all fees)
- One souvenir water bottle (a $5 value)<p>
Choose from the following games:
- Against UNC Wilmington on Tuesday, November 13, at 7 p.m.
- Against Hampton University on Thursday, November 15, at 7 p.m.
- Against Wofford College on Tuesday, November 20, at 7 p.m.
- Against William and Mary on Wednesday, November 28, at 7 p.m.<p>
Nearly a century has passed since the University of Richmond Spiders first hit the court for the 1913–14 season. To celebrate their 100th season, the team will wear throwback uniforms at various home games throughout the year, harkening back to the days before shorts and jerseys supplanted players’ heavy wool pantaloons. Senior guard Darien Brothers returns to lead the attack after averaging 14.6 points per game last season, including seven games with 20 or more points. Sophomore Kendall Anthony looks to be a worthy successor, following a freshman year in which he averaged 13 points and kept up a .417 three-point percentage. Beyond the much-anticipated contests against long-time rivals Wilmington and William and Mary, the Spiders hope to continue their 2–0 all-time record against Wofford College, whose dangerous liberal-arts background forces opponents to constantly question whether the net is real.