What You'll Get
- $18 for one all-access pass to Western University’s Mustang Days ($40 value)
- Where: Thompson Arena (Hockey) and Alumni Hall (Basketball and Volleyball)
- Seating: General admission
- Ticket values include all fees.
All-Access passes include admission to each of the following events:
Thursday, January 29
- Men’s Hockey vs. Windsor at 7 p.m.
Friday, January 30
- Women’s Basketball vs. York at 6 p.m.
- Men’s Basketball vs. York at 8 p.m.
- Women’s Hockey vs. Toronto at 7 p.m.
Saturday, January 31
- Women’s Volleyball vs. Lakehead at noon
- Men’s Volleyball vs. Queen’s at 2 p.m.
- Men’s Hockey vs. Waterloo at 4 p.m.
- Women’s Hockey vs. Ryerson at 7 p.m.
- Women’s Basketball vs. Queen’s at 6 p.m.
- Men’s Basketball vs. Queen’s at 8 p.m.
Sunday, February 1
- Women’s Volleyball vs. Brock at 1 p.m.
- Men’s Volleyball vs. RMC at 3 p.m.
The Scouting Report
On the last weekend of January, Thompson Arena and Alumni Hall might be the busiest places on Western University’s campus. Between Thursday, January 29 and Sunday, February 1, both venues will host numerous varsity sporting events to showcase the talents of six different Mustangs squads. After a 13–4 start to the season, the Men’s Hockey team sets Mustangs Days in motion with a matchup against Windsor. The women hit the ice, too, as the team faces off against Toronto on January 30 and Ryerson on January 31. Both the Men’s and Women’s Basketball squads grace the hardwood on Saturday and Sunday for match-ups against York and Queens. A volleyball doubleheader closes out the four-day slate on Sunday afternoon, just before university employees wrap a giant sleeping mask around Thompson Arena’s facade.
Consistent winners of multiple provincial championships, the Western Mustangs charge the fields, courts, pools, rinks, and mats of their opponents in an endless pursuit of victory. Clad in purple, silver, and white, student athletes across more than 40 men’s and women’s varsity programs—including badminton, baseball, curling, hockey, and squash, among others—regularly rake in titles. Just for example, the cheerleading squad absolutely dominated from 1985 to 2006, winning 22 consecutive crowns before picking the streak back up two years later. In addition, the football team has appeared in the most Vanier Cup national championships of any team, making it to the title game 12 times and winning six times. During games, the massive university marching band plays along with the action, keeping the crowd going with the Western Mustangs Fight Song and shouting trick-play calls through their tubas.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 1, 2015. Limit 12 per person. Redeem on day of each game for a ticket at venue will call. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Thompson Arena or Alumni Hall. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Western University Athletics's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Gates open 1 hour before game time. For disability seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.