Dancing makes you feel free, like living off the grid or getting your taxes done good and early. Follow your heart with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to "Upclose & Personal with Judy Torres"
- When: Saturday, May 17, at 10 p.m.
- Where: Firehouse Nightclub
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 9 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $15 for one general-admission ticket (up to $29.13 value)
- $29 for one VIP ticket with meet-and-greet (up to $58.25 value)
"Upclose & Personal with Judy Torres"
- Also known as: "The Queen of Freestyle"
- How she got that title: with a streak of club hits highlighting Latin freestyle beats, and her long-running freestyle radio show on New York's WKTU
- Surprising aspect of most of her hits: the music is upbeat and bouncy, but the lyrics are sad
- For example: "Love You, Will You Love Me," and "Please Stay Tonight," which are perfect for both a dance-floor dance-off and a good cry in a bathtub, preferably a disco bathtub
- How to turn a weepy Journey ballad like "Faithfully" into a club banger: let Judy Torres sing in and watch it jump up the Hot Dance Singles Chart