29 restored military aircraft and 60 exhibits sprawled above and below the decks of an aircraft carrier that served from 1945 to 1992
What You'll Get
- Youth tickets are valid for ages 6–12 and adult tickets for ages 13 and up.
- Free admission for children 5 and under
- Click here to view the schedule
- Paid parking available on Navy Pier and surrounding streets
- The Santa Fe Train Depot and American Plaza Trolley Station are located nearby
- USS Midway Museum kicks off the aircraft carrier’s 75th anniversary with free kids admission offer
- Two FREE KIDS with every full-paid adult admission ticket now through Dec. 15, 2020
- SAN DIEGO (Sept. 9, 2020) – The USS Midway Museum today launches its FREE KIDS admission offer that will run through Dec. 15, 2020.
- Children are now back at school, with many of them engaged in virtual learning from home. The Midway Museum’s FREE KIDS offer provides a fun and exciting opportunity to complement home learning for kids.
Your ticket purchase includes the following experiences:
- Hangar Deck and Flight Deck tour routes will showcase Midway’s exclusive collection of more than 30 restored Navy aircraft and the incredible views of San Diego Bay.
- World Famous Midway Volunteers will bring the flight deck alive with talks on launching and landing aircraft and the adventures of life at sea.
- Embarcadero Adventure Offers including discounts for other nearby attractions, detailed below.
- The safety and well-being of our guests, staff, and volunteers is our top priority. Click here to read our new measures designed to ensure a safe and healthy guest experience.
Closures– For your safety, our below deck tour routes, guided Island Tour, “Battle of Midway” theater, simulator & Virtual Reality experiences, and climb aboard cockpits are temporarily closed.
USS Midway Museum
The USS Midway is a retired aircraft carrier now serving as a museum on San Diego’s waterfront. During its 47 years of operation—including a decade as the largest ship ever commissioned—the Midway had around 225,000 sailors serve above and below its decks. Today, visitors can follow in the shoes of sailors and pilots and experience life aboard this city at sea.
- Size: a full aircraft carrier, with 30 restored Navy aircraft and more than 60 exhibits sprawled above and below its deck
- Eye Catcher: WWII planes on the hangar deck, including the SBD Dauntless dive bomber
- Below Deck: galley, sick bay, engine room and everything else that kept the floating city operational
- Museum Guides: docents providing first-hand accounts of life at sea, or an included audio tour narrated by Midway sailors, available in 6 languages
- Don’t Miss: Voices of Midway – a 15-minute multimedia presentation on the most important naval battle in WWII for which the ship is named
- Hands-On Activities: full-motion flight simulators (extra charge); climb-aboard cockpits; knot-tying demonstrations
- Pro Tip: It takes a while to see everything in the museum; most visitors spend three–four hours aboard the carrier
- Special Programs: WWII veteran meet-and-greets on select days. Docent talks on the flight deck describing how to land or launch an aircraft on a carrier