Just like flying squirrels, baseball players are adept at gliding across grassy fields, munching on seeds, and dodging bats in midair. Witness this acrobatic species in its natural habitat with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two vouchers for any Vancouver Canadians regular season home game in 2013; based on availability
- When: Any regular season home game in 2013; see the schedule.
- Where: Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium
- Seating: Reserved Grandstand
- Door time: One hour before game time
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The Scouting Report
The Vancouver Canadians take the field in 2013 in pursuit of their third consecutive Northwest League championship. Last year, the team claimed its second straight title on the strength of a 46–30 record, besting the Boise Hawks 2–1 in the championship series. On scheduled nights throughout the 2013 season, a fireworks show concludes the evening with colourful shoulder punches to overhead clouds, and every Sunday, kids can shake off nine torturous innings of sitting still by running the bases after the game.
The Vancouver Canadians are the only affiliated minor-league team in Canada. As a Triple-A team in the Pacific Coast League between 1978 and 1999, they claimed three championships as well as a Triple-A World Series. In 2011, the Canadians became the Toronto Blue Jays’ short-season class-A affiliate, taking home the Northwest League’s championship title that year, beginning a streak of three consecutive titles. The team plays its home games at Scotiabank Field at Nat Bailey Stadium—which was built in 1951, a storied time in baseball when a hot dog cost a nickel and a tie was settled with a ten-step duel.