- $15 for a show at the Vancouver Sketch Comedy Festival for two (up to a $30 value)
- When: January 23–25
- Where: Cabaret Stage at Studio 1398 and The Burrard Mainstage at Waterfront Theatre
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to see the schedule.
- Click here to see a list of performers.
How Do You Like Your Improv?
- Critically acclaimed and delivered by a comedian famous for extra roles such as "Chubby Best Friend" and "Second Cashier?" See Morgan Brayton, Suspicious Luxury, and SNAP on Thursday, January 23, at 7:30 p.m. at the Cabaret Stage
- Crackling with chemistry from five weeks spent together in a van, and featuring the creators of the viral video hit "Canadian Kung Fu?" See Town Hall, Blackout Broadcast, and TITMOUSE! on Thursday, January 23, at 9:30 p.m. at the Cabaret Stage
- Performed by Fringe Festival and SketchFest Vancouver vets alongside a quintet of fearlessly funny females? See The Skinny, Assaulted Fish, and Strapless on Friday, January 24, at 7:30 p.m. at the Cabaret Stage
- Absurd, smart, and featuring the co-host of CITY TV's Beer Money? See Andrew Barber, Cam & Colin, and Pump Trolley on Friday, January 24, at 7:30 p.m. at The Burrard Mainstage
- Experimental with a blend of whimsey and melancholy? See iRoll Video, Instant Theatre, and Gossamer Obsessions on Friday, January 24, at 9:30 p.m. at the Cabaret Stage
- Canadian Comedy Award-nominated, envelope pushing, and rock operatic? See Hip. Bang!, The Ryan and Amy Show, and The Sunday Service on Friday, January 24, at 9:30 p.m. at The Burrard Mainstage
- Surreal, unabashedly tactless, yet socially aware? See James and Jamesey, Idle Minds, and Ubiquitous They on Saturday, January 25, at 7:30 p.m. at the Cabaret Stage
- Cerebral, with a mix of highbrow and lowbrow known as "unibrow" from a Seattle duo that also writes for The Onion and Stanford University's The Chaparal? See Charles and Ladystache on Saturday, January 25, at 7:30 p.m. at the Burrard Mainstage
- Physically dynamic, comically tragic, and tragically comic? See Hot Thespian Action and Boxcar on Saturday, January 25, at 9:30 p.m. at the Cabaret Stage
- Narrative-driven and cinematic from the winners of the 2013 Just for Laughs "Best Comedy Award"? See Peter N' Chris and Mark and Kyle on Saturday, January 25, at 9:30 p.m. at The Barrard Mainstage
Vancouver Sketch Comedy Festival
Wrangling so many of the the nation's top sketch comedians together is no easy task. Luckily, Artistic Director Peter Carlone has plenty of experience. As the other half of the comedy duo Peter N' Chris, he's tickled audiences across Toronto, Chicago, and Seattle, scoring a Canadian Comedy Award nomination and landing sketches on CBC's The Irrelevant Show. Along with festival producer Alistair Cook—who brings 20 years in the international improv circuit to the table—and assistant producer Max Tennessan, Carlone has attracted performers from faraway lands such as Los Angeles and New York, as well as troupes from across the street in Vancouver. Every year, the ragtag performers descend upon double stages at the Waterfront Theatre for a weekend of unbridled funny business.