Like spritzing an email with cologne, blowing kisses at a movie screen is a heartfelt romantic gesture that proves fruitless in attracting movie stars. Experience unrequited love with today's GrouponLive deal for a pass to the Vegas Cine Fest Film Festival at the Tropicana Las Vegas August 25–27. Seating at all movie screenings is first come, first served, and the pass is not valid for panel events. Choose between the following options:
- For $15, you get a Director's Cut pass, valid August 25–26 (a $35 value). This pass grants access to the following events:
- Screenings of all official festival selections in screening rooms 1, 2, and 3
- Post-screening Q&A events for all official festival selections in screening rooms 1, 2, and 3
- For $55, you get an A-Lister VIP pass, valid August 25–27 (up to a $199 value for nonlocal customers). This pass grants unlimited access to the following events:
- Access to all screenings
- All post-screening Q&A events
- All film premieres
- All festival parties
- The awards show on Sunday at 7 p.m.
Vegas Cine Fest, an annual celebration of the art of filmmaking, screens more than 50 movies from around the world and hosts an awards show to honor the event's most remarkable achievements. All pass holders can enjoy a lineup of official fest selections such as Project Happiness (Friday at 3:11 p.m.), in which four teens interview the Dalai Lama, and the award-winning Neander-Jin (Thursday at 2 p.m.), which follows a Neanderthal on a journey to find his brother and toast the world's first marshmallow.
A-Listers can also attend special screenings of films such as Quality Time (Saturday at 11 a.m.), a nine-minute drama starring Jason Patric, and Burke & Hare (Saturday at 2 p.m.), a dark comedy from director John Landis of The Blues Brothers and Animal House fame. The A-List pass unlocks the gates to exclusive events such as the awards ceremony (Sunday at 7 p.m.) and parties at Cafe Nikki (Thursday–Sunday, starting at 9:30 p.m.), where guests can sip cocktails (not included in today's Groupon) or rehearse Hamlet's soliloquy in front of seasoned thespians. Both types of pass holders can meet actors and directors at Q&A sessions following most screenings.
The newly remodeled Tropicana Las Vegas greets visitors with a profusion of tropical colors and nightlife options, including dining, concerts, and casinos. Each night of the fest, the hotel will swathe the ground in red carpets (Thursday at 4 p.m., Friday at 4 p.m., and Saturday at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.), creating a luxurious welcome for film stars and party-crashing comets.