You should be careful not to forget Valentine's Day if you're in a relationship or in charge of lighting the giant wicker heart in the town square. Remember your duty with this Groupon.
- $49 for one ticket to see Venus vs. Mars: A Night of Neo-Burlesque (up to $85.39 value)
- Tickets include food and an open bar
- When: Friday, February 14, at 10 p.m.
- Where: Newark Symphony Hall
- Section: general admission
- Door time and dinner: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
Venus vs. Mars: A Night of Neo-Burlesque
Starring Miss Poison Ivory, the one and only Gal Friday, and Peekaboo Pointe, the “Fastest Tassel-Twirler from East to West,” Venus vs. Mars adds sizzle to Valentine’s Day with sultry dance moves and light-hearted humor. Hosted by the retro, polyester-clad Murray “Mr. Showbiz” Hill, the interactive show weaves striptease with contemporary dance for something undeniably frisky. And the party doesn’t end when the last boa flutters to floor—that’s when the hosts break out desserts and night caps. Yet with its fun and its antics, the show hopes to do more than cause ears to start steaming. The performers and producers at Interlace 8 use their art form to enhance sexual awareness to reduce sexual shame and misinformation. <p>