All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $19 for one general-admission ticket (up to $32.12 value)
- Click to view the exhibition hours
The Vikings Exhibition
The Vikings are among history’s most misunderstood and caricatured cultures. The pervasive stereotype depicts them as fierce, brutish raiders in horned helmets with a single goal in life: to pillage. But in fact the Vikings were ingenious architects, philosophers, craftsmen, and experts in matters of travel and trade. The Viking Exhibition dispels myths and explores all facets of these Nordic seafarers with interactive elements and more than 500 artifacts—many never seen outside of Scandinavia. Here are some highlights:
- The Ships: Gawk at full-scale models of real Viking ships, including the Gokstad II and the Ghost Ship, before virtually excavating another ship layer by layer. The deeper visitors go, the more weapons, tools, and animal fossils they’ll find.
- The Treasures: Stand amid artifacts dating back to 750 A.D., including Norse jewelry and religious iconography (including the earliest-known Scandinavian crucifix and silver pendants celebrating pagan gods). Then admire the craftsmanship and premeditated malice that went into their weaponry and armor.
- Find Your Inner Viking: Take on other visitors in authentic Viking games, test your strength by attempting to lift a replica Viking sword (they were heavy), and enjoy hands-on activities that explore the symbolism found in Viking clothing.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 30, 2016. Limit 10 per person. Redeem day of event for a ticket at venue. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. Ticket value includes all fees. Not valid for advance reservation via web or phone. Not valid on previously purchased tickets. Final exhibit entry is 45 minutes prior to the venue closing. Visit here for up-to-date hours of operation. Not applicable with other offers or discounts. Not valid in combination with promo codes Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Discovery Times Square
Unlike more traditional museums, Discovery Times Square does much more than simply display artifacts. The space, located in the building once occupied by The New York Times printing presses, encourages visitors to learn through interactive, sensory exhibits. Past shows have taken guests inside the Titanic’s final wreck site, Da Vinci’s ingenious inventions, and the vast collection of riches and bandages owned by King Tut. More than a museum, DTS has featured exhibitions of unparalleled breadth, including Pompeii: The Exhibit, Dead Sea Scrolls: The Exhibition, Terracotta Warriors: Defenders of China’s First Emperor, The Art of the Brick, Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N., and most recently, The Hunger Games: The Exhibition.