All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $6 for one general-admission ticket to an 8 p.m. or 9:30 p.m. show ($11.54 value)
- $3 for one general-admission ticket to an 11 p.m. show ($6.27 value)
- $9 for one general-admission night pass to all three shows ($16.82 value)
T.G.I.F. (Friday night)
- 8 p.m.: Chasing Tales—House ensembles improvise original pieces based on an audience suggestion. The Lottery—Instructors and students play together, resulting in a fascinating blend of varied experience levels and insights. The May 20th show will feature sketch show New Sketch On The Block instead of The Lottery.
- 9:30 p.m.: VT-4 Performance Intensive—Graduates of Villain’s Performance Intensive course take the stage to demonstrate their advanced improv skills. Marvelloso Brothers—A four-person group composed of the theater’s co-founders and two other veterans put their experience to use in an improvised set showcasing the theater’s playful philosophy.
- 11 p.m.: Comedy Clash—Two sides compete in a battle of short-form improv games such as Mad Libs, Freeze Tag, Chain Murder along with post-show karaoke.
Saturday Gigantic (Saturday night)
- 8 p.m.: VT Ensemble—The house ensemble performs its signature improv format, String Theory. Tales From the Magic City—Members of the theater’s various ensembles improvise scenes based on real-life monologues from a special guest.
- 9:30 p.m.: VT Ensemble—Another performance of String Theory by a different ensemble. Miami Noise Machine: The Improvised Musical—An audience suggestion inspires a brand-new, fully improvised musical complete with scenes, songs, and dance numbers.
- 11 p.m.: YAS!—This LGBTQIA-friendly team improvises a format unique to their inclusive, playful style. The Mixer—Performers, students, and audience members improvise together based on suggestions from the DJ’s playlist along with post-show karaoke.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 28, 2016. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Villain Theater
Co-founded by Managing Director Peter Mir and Artistic Director Jeff Quintana, who studied and performed in some of Chicago's most illustrious improv theaters, Villain Theater showcases the art of Chicago-style longform improvisation, in which actors create full-length comedic pieces through emotionally grounded scenes and off-the-cuff collaboration. Though there are no age restrictions, the shows are completely unrated—so they may either be family-friendly or spin out into wild, brutally honest territory. Either way, Villain Theater stocks a full liquor bar onsite—no two-drink minimum—so adults can be equipped to spit out their whiskey with every laugh.