What You'll Get
- $14 for one balcony seat (up to $30.75 value)
- $19 for one side or rear floor seat (up to $41.20 value)
- $29 for one center floor seat (up to $63.05 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The Music of David Bowie
- What to expect: The orchestra will join forces with an eight-piece rock band and esteemed vocalist Jean Meilluer to recreate some of David Bowie’s most-iconic works.
- The program: The exact song list hasn’t been determined yet, but it will be chosen from a collection of 20 songs that includes “Fame,” “Rebel Rebel,” “Life On Mars,” “Blue Jean,” “Golden Years,” and other classics.
- Arrive early: Prior to the performance, there will be a party on the venue’s plaza in honor of Bowie. It will feature craft beer, food trucks, and entertainment from 6–8 p.m.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 3, 2016. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Virginia Symphony Orchestra
Pay enough attention to the career of JoAnn Falletta, and you could easily conclude she's actually twins or triplets. She's the music director of not only the Virginia Symphony Orchestra but the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, and serves as principal guest conductor of the Phoenix Symphony, among other institutional ties. (She's also conducted on Grammy-winning recordings for the Naxos label.) Under her baton, the VSO rotates among Norfolk, Newport News, Williamsburg, and Virginia Beach with traditional classical programs, pops nights, and shorter family concerts that open with craft activities and an instrument "petting zoo." A "wear-what's-comfortable" dress code and pre-concert Behind the Notes talks ensure a decidedly inviting atmosphere even for symphony newbies.