What You'll Get
- $25 for one ticket for orchestra seating (up to $52 value)
- The premise: a rollicking a cappella stage show featuring fast-paced performances from a group of 10 accomplished singers
- The mastermind: Deke Sharon, the creator of Pitch Perfect and The Sing-Off hailed by Entertainment Weekly as “the father of contemporary a cappella”
- The genres span anything from barbershop to doo-wop to 10th-century Gregorian chants, which monks used to sing every Sunday while watching football
- Artists whose songs you might hear: The Beatles and Bruno Mars
- …but even when you recognize the song, it may contain brand-new arrangements from Deke Sharon
- The man behind the choreography: Seán Curran—an original Stomp cast member
- The group’s debut album was released in January in advance of this tour
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 7, 2017. Limit 10/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Florida Theatre
When it opened in 1927, the Florida Theatre was the largest of 15 cinemas in downtown Jacksonville. Today, it's the city's last surviving vestige of that era's iconic architecture. Designed by New Yorker R.E. Hall and Jacksonvillian Roy Benjamin, the venue is a prime example of the Mediterranean Revival style, with a ceiling covered in glittering stars and a six-story proscenium arch. And even as the entertainment industry shifted towards television, the Florida Theatre survived by hosting interactive game nights and concerts from underground artists, including Elvis Presley. The space was renovated In the early 1980s, and today it returns to its entertaining roots by hosting live events and classic film screenings.