What You'll Get
Rappers typically perform with hype men, who keep the crowd's energy up by waving around towels and feeding the audience granola bars. Get pumped with this GrouponLive deal.
- One ticket to see Waka Flocka Flame
- When: Sunday, May 4, at 8:30 p.m.
- Where: The Fine Line Music Cafe
- Door time: 8 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $19 for general-admission standing room (up to $30.39 value)
- $25 for VIP-balcony standing room (up to $40.69 value)
Waka Flocka Flame
- Waka's real name: Juaquin Malphurs
- How he got his stage name: the "Flocka Flame" was given to him by Gucci Mane, and the "Waka" comes from famed underground rapper Fozzie Bear of the Muppets Collective
- Waka's sound: a laid back raspy drawl
- His favorite rapper: 2Pac, which is why he named his debut album Flockaveli
- The breakthrough single that got fans burning for more Flame: "O Let's Do It"
- The hit inspired by the world's lousiest juggler: "No Hands"
- His second album: Triple F Life: Friends, Fans & Family, which included the jam "Get Low," featuring Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj and Tyga
- New collaboration with DJ Steve Aoki: "Rage the Night Away"
- What you might hear at the show: greatest hits alongside tracks from the upcoming Flockaveli II
The Fine Line Music Cafe
The Fine Line Music Cafe has been voted Best Music Club by the readers of Mpls./St. Paul Magazine for a reason—many reasons in fact. There's the sleek look of the nightclub, with its two-tiered cabaret-style seating, concrete bar, and homey hardwood floors. There's the brick walls that marry the modernist design with the historic Consortium building that houses it. There's the stellar acoustics, aided by a state-of-the-art sound system and a ceiling crafted with acoustic tiles. But most of all, there's the dependable roster of top-tier talent. The Fine Line Music Cafe is the place where The Pixies kicked off their reunion tour and filmed their documentary Loud QUIET Loud, and it's a place where a legend like Prince drops by to play or simply hang out. Other major acts that typically only play in packed arenas or at the end of rainbows—such as Sheryl Crow, John Mayer, Maroon 5, and Lady Gaga—have also given intimate performances on The Fine Line's stage.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 4, 2014. Limit 4 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem starting 5/4 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at The Fine Line Music Cafe. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects The Fine Line Music Cafe's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 30 minutes before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.