People in musicals break into song at the drop of a hat, especially if that’s their cue to sing, “Hats Are Falling Off All Over (Ain’t It Windy?).” Doff your cap to this Groupon.
- $19 for one ticket to Wanda’s Monster (up to a $41.50 value)
- When: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m., Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., Sundays at 3 p.m.
- Where: Vineyard’s Dimson Theatre in Union Square
- Seating: Seats assigned on first come, first serve basis
- Door time: one hour prior to showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here for performance times.<p>
Fueled by the irresistibly catchy tunes of tot-rock queen Laurie Berkner, Wanda's Monster spins a simple tale of a little girl who meets a big purple monster. Is he a scary monster? Is he a good monster? Of course he is, but half the fun is watching Wanda overcome her monster anxieties while children in the audience interact with their new purple friend and dance and sing to original tunes such as "Monster Boogie." And there's a lesson beneath the felt and purple fur. As The New York Times puts it: "This charming musical brings home a point worth considering at any age: embrace what you fear, and you just may find a friend.” The show is aimed at the 2–10 crowd but designed to be engaging enough to thwart any parents who were hoping to use the darkened room to steal a nap.