- One ticket to see Wanda Sykes
- When: Friday, October 10, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- $24.37 for the upper balcony (up to $48.75 value)
- $29.77 for the lower balcony (up to $59.55 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Since her television debut on The Chris Rock Show in 1997, Wanda Sykes has firmly established her singular comedic voice: a combination of an astute political wit; a razor-sharp tongue; and a straightforward, conversational tone. Another segment of comedy fans got to know her as Larry David’s friend and tough-love-dishing foil in Curb Your Enthusiasm, where she played herself. She’s also held court with her concern for current events on her HBO specials—I’ma Be Me and Sick and Tired, which touched on race, gender, and sexuality—and at the 2009 White House Correspondents’ Dinner, where she chided President Obama for extending his commitment to transparency to shirtless photos.
In a voice that’s alternately gruff and squeakily indignant, she finds the wider social implications of her life as wife to a Frenchwoman and parent to twins—aiding her knack for “finding new material to mine from that shopworn source of parenthood,” as Metro Weekly said of a performance earlier in 2012.