Funk and disco legends behind “Why Can’t We Be Friends,” “Spill the Wine,” and “That’s the Way (I Like It)” bring back the sound of the ’70s
What You'll Get
- Seating: pit or section B
- Click here to view the seating chart
How This Voucher Works: Following purchase, your voucher will be in your account. You may redeem it via the mobile app when you enter the venue or print it out in advance. Use this to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
- WAR’s strongest weapons: instruments and voices
- Ammo: funky, peace-loving songs
- Original founder: Eric Burdon of The Animals fame
- WAR songs that typically play during television shows, movies, or tender moments of real-life reconciliation: “Why Can’t We Be Friends,” “Spill the Wine”
- WAR song that kick-starts Up in Smoke: “Low Rider”
KC and The Sunshine Band
- Current band leader: same as their original band leader—Harry Wayne “KC” Casey
- The Sunshine Band: Named after KC’s home state, Florida, they’re responsible for fueling more than 200 cinematic dance scenes.
- A few of their hits: among many others, “That’s the Way (I Like It),” “Shake Your Booty,” “Boogie Shoes,” and “Give It Up”
- Tierra: Formed in the late ’70s, this Billboard-topping R&B band dominated in the ’80s, earning a hit for their cover of The Intruders’ “Together.”
- El Chicano: browned-eyed soul group, who’s been performing together for 50 years, known for their mixture of rock, funk, blues, jazz, and salsa which can be heard in their hit singles, “Viva Tirado,” “Brown Eyed Girl,” and “Tell Her She’s Lovely”
The Fine Print
Final sale, subject to Extraordinary Event Policy. Limit 6/person. Expiration varies depending on the event date. Valid only for date and time selected. Valid only for option purchased. Must purchase together to sit together. Merchant reserves right to sub closer seat. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Holder assumes all risk in connection w/ the event & releases Groupon & its affiliates, AXS, venue & their affiliates from any related claims. Ticket value includes all fees. AXS is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. Ticket must be used and expires on date of event for option purchased. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.