Hockey combines the speed of basketball, the hard hits of football, and the glistening blades of competitive shaving. Study frozen fusion with this GrouponLive deal.
- $40 for one ticket to see the Washington Capitals take on the Dallas Stars on Tuesday, April 1, at 7 p.m. (up to a $67.95 value)
- Where: Verizon Center
- Seating: Upper Level Sections 400-433
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Note: When you click "Buy," you'll be redirected to Ticketmaster.com to complete your transaction.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The Scouting Report
Last year's shortened season saw the Washington Capitals top the Southeast Division to earn the Eastern Conference's number-three seed and earn on a sixth-straight trip to the playoffs. This year, however, the Capitals find themselves clawing for a wild-card spot as the playoffs inch closer. Two teams earn wild-card berths from the Eastern Conference, and as of mid-March, that distinction belongs to the Columbus Blue Jackets and Tampa Bay Lightning. Not only do the Caps need to displace these teams with a late-season run and a little bit of luck, they need to overtake the Detroit Red Wings as well. With so little room for error, the team can't relax against any opponent or throw away a single game experimenting with speed skates. Look for Captain Alex Ovechkin, goaltender Braden Holtby, and the rest of the talented roster to play like the season is on the line as they take on the Dallas Stars at the Verizon Center on April 1.