- One ticket to a Washington Kastles World TeamTennis conference championship match
- Opponent: TBD, either the Boston Lobsters or Philadelphia Freedoms
- When: Thursday, July 30, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Kastles Stadium at the Smith Center
- Door time: 5:15 p.m.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- $25 for one lower-level chairbacks ticket ($32.40 value)
- $10 for one upper-level grandstand or premium grandstand ticket ($13.25 value)
The Scouting Report
Led by the world’s No. 2-ranked doubles player, Martina Hingis, the Washington Kastles fight toward their fifth-consecutive Mylan World TeamTennis title during the Eastern Conference championship. So far, the team has pulled off a perfect 10-0 run in the playoffs and shows no signs of slowing down or replacing its tennis racquets with fly swatters. In this penultimate showdown of the WTT playoffs, Hingis is joined by other top-level talents, including 16-time Grand Slam Doubles Champion Leander Paes and the world’s No. 34-ranked singles player Sam Querrey.
The Kastles only joined Mylan World TeamTennis in 2008, but they have already left an indelible mark on the league. With a world-class roster that has included legends such as Venus and Serena Williams, the Kastles won five league titles in their first seven years. In fact, in 2011, the team became the first in the league’s 40-year history to post an undefeated season. Then they did it again in 2012. The team’s inimitable journey continues each year inside the confines of Kastles Stadium at the Smith Center, which will remain their home until its ever-expanding trophy case swallows the building whole.