- $15 for one ticket to WeishFest feat. Rodney Atkins (up to $26.25 value)
- When: Saturday, August 9, at 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Standard Bank Stadium
- Seating: standard stadium
- Door time: 1:45 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click to view the seating chart
- Click to view the lineup
WeishFest 2014 feat. Rodney Atkins
- The event: WeishFest (pronounced “Wish”), a music festival benefiting The Andrew Weishar Foundation
- The foundation’s mission: to provides resources to families with children or adolescents stricken with cancer
- The headliner: Rodney Atkins
- How he uses his East-Tennessee twang: to chronicle Southern living throughout a multiplatinum-selling discography
- Breakthrough record: his second album, 2006’s If You’re Going Through Hell, featuring sing-alongs such as “Watching You” and “It’s America”
- Most recent album: Take a Back Road, in which Rodney “lets his shadow come out to play” by putting some rock into his country
- Also appearing: American Idol alumnus Chris Medina, Kentucky rockers C2 and the Brothers Reed, the classic rock (but mostly Journey) tribute band Infinity, and party rockers/Irish jig instigators Sean & Charlie
Weish4Ever – The Andrew Weishar Foundation
In his all-too-short lifetime, Andrew Weishar was the kind of kid that everyone looked up to. An honor student, a team captain, and a young man of immovable faith, his character and spirit seemed to inspire anyone lucky enough to meet him. Even when he was diagnosed with colorectal cancer at the age of 19, he faced it with an optimism that couldn’t be broken. Much of this good spirit resulted from the acts of kindness shown by his loved ones, and before he passed, his sole request was that people “pay forward” the outpouring of generosity shown to him during his fight. So that’s exactly what his friends and family did by founding Weish4Ever – The Andrew Weishar Foundation, a charity that provides financial relief, moral support, and activities to families with children or adolescents stricken with cancer. Through beneficiaries such as this, which consists of families battling the many burdens of cancer, and through their annual WeishFest event, the foundation aims to create an inertia of kindness and generosity that keeps Andrew’s spirit alive.
“Great Cause, nice ballfield, reasonable food and beverage prices, fine music stage and fireworks!”