A good impersonation can be indistinguishablefrom the real thing, which is why Method actors are no longer allowed to playdictators. Take in a safer form of imitation with this GrouponLive deal.
- Admission to West Coast Elvis Tribute
- When: Saturday, March 29, at 1 p.m.
- Where: Sheraton Hotel Sonoma
- Section: general admission
- Door time: 12 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
* $19 for one ticket and one small gift (up to $30 value) * $39 for two tickets and two small gifts (up to $60 value)<p>
West Coast Elvis Tribute
- What it is: an afternoon of raffles, giveaways, and tributes to the King
- Who is performing: Rob Ely, channeling ’50s-era-Elvis; Michael Bartle, adopting the persona of ’70s-era-Elvis; and Ian Fraser-Thomson, an Elvis contemporary
- Who else will be Elvis: tribute artist Shawn Hughes, who dons custom costumes designed by the same firm that made the King’s iconic Aloha jumpsuit
- How to get a few degrees closer to Elvis: snap a photo with Charlotte Stewart of LIttle House on the Prairie fame, who appeared with Presley in 1968’s Speedway; meet Betty Grant, a friend of the King’s; chat up the cardboard cutout of Elvis
- How to learn more about the legend: see a presentation from Sue McCasland, author of Elvis, Live At Sahara Tahoe
- Why you should feel good about attending: 100% of raffle proceeds benefit Operation: With Love From Home, an organization that sends care packages to troops stationed abroad<p>