Hockey teams are often named after intimidating natural phenomena, such as the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Colorado Avalanche, and the Tuscaloosa Puberty. Experience the fury with today’s GrouponLive deal: for $18, you get two tickets to a Wheeling Nailers hockey game at WesBanco Arena in Wheeling, West Virginia (up to a $36 value, depending on seating section). Groupons may be redeemed for gold-, red-, or gray-section seats at will call by calling the ticket office prior to the event. Choose from the following games:
- Against the Chicago Express on Sunday, December 18, at 4 p.m.
- Against the Elmira Jackals on Wednesday, December 21, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Reading Royals on Saturday, December 31, at 7:30 p.m.
- Against the Cincinnati Cyclones on Friday, January 6, at 7:35 p.m.
- Against the Reading Royals on Saturday, January 7, at 7:35 p.m.
- Against the Greenville Road Warriors on Sunday, January 8, at 4 p.m.
- Against the Toledo Walleye on Wednesday, January 11, at 7 p.m.
- Against the Reading Royals on Friday, January 27, at 7:35 p.m.
- Against the Kalamazoo Wings on Saturday, January 28, at 7:35 p.m.<p>
An affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Montreal Canadiens, the Wheeling Nailers wow fans with swift skating and colorful shiners as they celebrate their 20th season. Instead of nesting in the rafters to watch each bout, fans can enjoy clear views of the savage players on the ice from gold-, red-, or gray-level seats. One of the top-ranked goalies in the ECHL, Patrick Killeen, has sharpened his hand-eye coordination in a quest to top last season’s 979 saves. Forwards Nick Petersen and Ben Street will try to maintain their team’s cold tyranny with swift passes, speed-of-sound shots, and gentle camaraderie composed of deep, meaningful silence and smoldering eye contact.
The Nailers’ promotions schedule teems with giveaways and themed events to help fans cheer on the squad. At the December 31 game, attendees greet the approaching New Year by corralling free mouse pads, and on January 7, a youth ski-cap giveaway outfits the noggins of youngsters or the slowly shrinking heads of melting snowmen.
2 14th St.
Wheeling, West Virginia 26003