- Wichita Thunder hockey game against the Allen Americans
- When: Saturday, October 25, at 7:05 p.m.
- Where: INTRUST Bank Arena
- Door time: 6:05 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
- $5 for one upper-level ticket ($12 value)
- $10 for one lower-level ticket ($14 value)
The Scouting Report
Under the leadership of four-time Stanley-Cup–winning coach Kevin McClelland, the Thunder once again prepare for a season-long quest for the Ray Miron Presidents’ Cup. The 2014-15 season opener on October 25 will be a real test, as Wichita will take on the league’s defending champions, the Allen Americans. The matchup will likely speak volumes about the campaign ahead, as the Thunder meet the Americans 16 times throughout the season and have yet to secure reserved parking spaces in Allen.
As one of the six charter teams of the Central Hockey League, the Thunder have rattled Wichita windows with devastating slap shots and board-crashing hits since 1992. Throughout those two decades, the team has garnered two Presidents’ Cup trophies, filled arenas with hordes of dedicated fans, and retired five numbers, devastating opponents and calculator manufacturers all the while.