What You'll Get
Rappers typically perform with hype men, who keep the crowd’s energy up by waving around towels and feeding the audience granola bars. Get pumped with this deal.
- $15 for one ticket to see Biz Markie and Nice & Smooth as part of the Together Festival (up to a $36 value)
- When: Saturday, May 18, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Wilbur Theatre
- Section: floor standing room, balcony, or mezzanine
- Door time: 7 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
- Who you know at the Together Festival: Biz Markie, Nice & Smooth, Akrobatic, and Mr. Lif
- Biz Markie’s birth name: Marcel Theo Hall
- How you know him: you were within earshot of a radio in 1989 and heard his hit “Just a Friend”
- How else you know him: you learned how to beatbox from him on Yo Gabba Gabba or studied copyright law and know that he was the first rapper to be sued for copyright clearance.
- How he handled that: like an absolute champ, titling his post-court album
“All Samples Cleared”
- How you know Nice & Smooth: their 1991 album Ain’t A Damn Thing Changed, featuring the hit “Sometimes I Rhyme Slow”
- How nice and smooth are Nice & Smooth: nicer and smoother than a silk stocking offering its seat on the bus to a senior citizen
- How you know Akrobatic: you’ve heard this Boston-based rapper on HBO’s The Wire and ESPN’s Playmakers.
- How you know Mr. Lif: you’ve heard his socially-conscious rapper collaborating on tracks with numerous big names in hip-hop ever since he released “Elektro” in 1998.<p>
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 18, 2013. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 5/18 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Wilbur Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.