- $13.50 for one ticket to see The Dan Band (up to $27 value)
- When: Saturday, September 20, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Wilbur Theatre
- Seating: floor, mezzanine, or balcony
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
The Dan Band
- Who they are: an all-male rock group that enthusiastically rips into covers of songs traditionally sung by women
- Defining characteristics: silly showmanship and a penchant for vulgarity
- Big break: wedding scene in the film Old School, in which lead singer Dan Finnerty serenaded Will Ferrell’s character and his bride with an expletive-laden “Total Eclipse of the Heart”
- Where else you’ve seen The Dan Band: The Hangover, in which they flipped 50 Cent’s “Candy Shop”
- Another Tinseltown connection: their one-hour concert special—”The Dan Band: I Am Woman”—was produced by Steven Spielberg after he was charmed by their uncensored take on the Jaws theme
- Other tunes in the band’s canon: Salt-n-Pepa’s “Shoop,” Christina Aguilera’s “Genie in a Bottle,” and Alanis Morissette’s “You Oughta Know”
From the street, the Wilbur Theatre looks almost like it could be a stately old family home. In fact, the Colonial-style building was always a theater, but its exterior details were copied directly from Beacon Hill’s Thomas Bailey Midrich House when it was built in 1914. Even in the elegant auditorium, there’s a sense of homey intimacy. Seating nestles right up to the stage so audiences can feel every note produced by the musicians and hear the tiny gears turning behind comedians’ foreheads as they improvise.