All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $26 for one ticket to see The Blind Boys of Alabama (up to $51.70 value)
- When: Sunday, November 30, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Wilbur Theatre
- Seating: floor, mezzanine, and balcony sections
- Door time: 6:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
This holiday concert is in support of The Blind Boys’ new album Talkin’ Christmas!, their second Christmas album, featuring blues legend Taj Mahal and several new songs as well as older classics. The concert will include songs from the new album as well as the band’s previous Grammy-winning Christmas recording, Go Tell It on the Mountain.
The Blind Boys of Alabama
- When The Blind Boys of Alabama formed: in the late 1930s at the Alabama Institute for the Negro Blind
- Their tie to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.: the gospel group provided the live soundtrack at many of his benefits
- When they first started receiving mainstream attention: in 2001 when they won their first Grammy Award for their album Spirit of the Century
- How many Grammy Awards they’ve earned since then: five
- Why HBO loves them: they sang the opening theme to the first season of The Wire
- Artists they’ve collaborated with throughout their 75-year career: Peter Gabriel, Tom Waits, and Mavis Staples
- What to expect at the concert: powerhouse voices lending their gospel roots to Christmas tunes including “Go Tell It On The Mountain”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 30, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 11/30 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Wilbur Theatre. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.