Statistics help fans analyze a baseball player’s career, from quantifying a slugger’s batting average to measuring a right fielder’s apathy. See numbers come to life with this GrouponLive deal to see a Wilmington Blue Rocks game at Daniel S. Frawley Stadium.
$15 for a Baseball-Game Package for Two ($42 Value)
The package includes the following:
- Two box seats (a $16 value each, including fees)
- Two regular hot dogs and two small fountain sodas (a $10 value)<p>
Choose from five games:
- Against the Salem Red Sox on Wednesday, May 1
- Against the Salem Red Sox on Thursday, May 2
- Against the Potomac Nationals on Tuesday, May 7
- Against the Potomac Nationals on Thursday, May 9
- Against the Lynchburg Hillcats on Tuesday, May 21<p>
Game times are TBA.
The Scouting Report
Fresh off a second-place finish in the Carolina League’s Northern Division, the Blue Rocks sprint onto the field at Daniel S. Frawley Stadium and look to set a winning tone in five early-season games. Last season, left fielder Brian Fletcher emerged as an offensive threat with 25 RBIs and hitting .289 in 67 games, not including the perfect four-home-run games he plays in his dreams every night.
Wilmington Blue Rocks
As the Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals—and as four-time Carolina League champions—the Blue Rocks represent one of the most successful traditions in all of Minor League Baseball. Continuing to build upon a franchise history that stretches back to the 1940s, Wilmington has served as a launching pad for more than 100 big leaguers since 1993. As the squad of rising stars kicks up dust with diving stops and gritty slides, the 7-foot mascot Rocky Bluewinkle roams through the seats passing out fist bumps and lecturing youngsters on the pros and cons of having antlers.