Watching a pilot succeed is supremely satisfying, though curiously, so is watching a dam fail. Feel the rush with this GrouponLive deal.
- Wings Over North Georgia air show
- When: Saturday, October 18, or Sunday, October 19, at 10 a.m.
- Where: Richard B. Russell Regional Airport
- Headlined by the USAF Thunderbirds
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the schedule
- $10 for one ticket for general admission (up to $17.45 value)
- $10 for one Premium Airport parking pass (up to $17.45 value)
Wings Over North Georgia
Wings Over North Georgia fills the sky with steel and covers the ground with smoke. Headlining the list of altitude-climbing performers, the USAF Thunderbirds arc through the air with rocket-fueled panache as they show off what the Air Force's finest are capable of. Patty Wagstaff then tumbles through the clouds with the skill and grace that earned her a spot in the Smithsonian, her black-and-yellow prop plane dancing, tumbling, stalling, and launching skyward again. But to watch something fall from the sky for good, visitors need only look to the Lucas Oil Parachute team, the members of which have a combined 9,600 jumps.
Back on the ground, smoke billows from the the Smoke-n-Thunder Jet Car as it speeds across the tarmac at up to 400 mph. Smoke of a different flavor entices taste buds from the Smoke-n-Thunder BBQ Classic, where competitors show off their winningest recipes and the aprons they've tie-dyed with barbecue sauce as they compete for $18,000 worth of prizes. Tykes, meanwhile, can find clear air by heading to the Kids Zone where inflatables shaped like airplanes help them mimic the pilots overhead until a day-ending fireworks display fills the sky with color.