Dancers use their bodies to express emotions, unlike opera singers, who use their voices, and Punchin' Jack, who only uses his fists. Get an eyeful of art with this GrouponLive deal.
- Two or four tickets to see “World of Rock: Tribute to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,” presented by World Ballet, Inc.
- When: Saturday, April 12, at 7:30 p.m. or Sunday, April 13, at 2:30 p.m.
- Where: Lee Hall Auditorium
- Seating: general admission
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- $30 for two tickets (up to $60 value)
- $60 for four tickets (up to $120 value)<p>
World of Rock: Tribute to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
World Ballet's Rock Ballets
World Ballet’s fifth annual _World of Rock_ production beckons its dance corps to once again synchronize fancy footwork with classic-rock tunes performed live by local band Faux Show. Taking cues from internationally acclaimed artistic director Henry Hernandez, the graceful troupe tiptoes and twirls to a set list of nostalgic songs by rock legends such as The Beatles, Queen, Led Zeppelin, and the Sedimentary Boulder Formations.
Tallahassee's World Ballet
In August 2008, Tallahassee gained 6,000 square feet of dance space and a bunch of skilled dancers to fill it. Under the leadership of artistic director Henry Hernandez, the instructors of World Ballet help the next generation of dancers learn to leap, twirl, and avoid hurting gravity's feelings too badly. The performance arm of the organization brings to life classic ballets such as The Nutcracker and A Midsummer Night's Dream, as well as contemporary creations set to rock music.
“Great show and very kid friendly at the 2:30 show. great job! :-)”
“Get there early for good seats they aren't assigned ”