- $12 for two tickets to an exhibition softball game between the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team and the Western University PT & First Responders (a $20 value)
- When: Saturday, October 4, at 4 p.m.
- Where: San Manuel Stadium
- Seating: General admission
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Children receive free admission
Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team
The Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team (WWAST) features a roster of veterans and active-duty serviceman who have defended the U.S. in the war on terrorism. Each of the team’s players has lost a limb—sometimes multiple limbs—in post-9/11 combat, and each one has persevered through extensive rehabilitation in order to prove their mettle in a new role as a competitive athlete.
Today, the WWAST travels around the country playing slow-pitch softball against able-bodied teams. On the first weekend in October—just weeks before the nation’s umpires head to their lockers to hibernate—the WWAST will slug its way into San Bernardino for a showdown against the Western University PT & First Responders. Those in attendance will have the chance to watch heroes from all over the country compete, including several who make their homes in California. Proceeds will be put toward the WWAST’s charitable efforts, particularly its annual kids camp.