All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- The Yacht Rock Revival
- When: Saturday, August 22, at 7 p.m.
- Where: The Meadow of Piedmont Park and Park Tavern
- General admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- $49 for two tickets (up to $70 value)
- $69 for four tickets (up to $140 value)
- $99 for six tickets (up to $210 value)
Yacht Rock Revue
- What Yacht Rock Revue is: equal parts tribute act and polyester-hoarding comedy troupe
- What their musical professionalism has earned them: gigs with Weezer, Kid Rock, and John Oates
- Some of the guests for this show: Steve Augeri (the former frontman of Journey), Matthew Wilder (the New Wave sensation behind “Break My Stride”), and Robbie Dupree (the hitmaker of “Steal Away” fame)
- More guests to expect: Jeff Carlisi (of .38 Special), Elliot Lurie (of Looking Glass and “Brandy, You’re a Fine Girl”), Peter Beckett and Ronn Moss (of Player), and Walter Egan (of “Magnet and Steel”)
- Bands you’ll hear covered: Hall & Oates, Huey Lewis, Prince, Christopher Cross
- Sights you’ll see: the midtown Atlanta skyline towering behind the stage
- What to bring with you: a blanket to perch on, a captain’s hat to wear
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 22, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on 8/22 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 21 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Park Tavern
The Park Tavern combines the historical grandeur of a century-old locale with the forward-thinking practices of a modern, eco-friendly restaurant. Some of the original woodwork and stone from its past life remains, chronicling the building's history as a horse stable in 1905, a golf clubhouse in 1928, and a space shuttle in 1969. The Tavern’s current layout contains an elegant events space, a dining room with an outdoor terrace, an ice-skating rink, and a live music and festival venue that features the annual Oyster Crawfish Festival.
Adopting green habits, the Tavern's owners developed a rainwater-recycling system to feed its plants and water its landscape, and switched to low-flow plumbing and LEED-certified hand dryers. Its concern for the environment extends to its menu as well: locally harvested ingredients and wild-caught fish support coastal communities and local farms while simultaneously ensuring each plate contains quality, eco-friendly fare. The lineup of dishes includes sushi rolls brimming with sashimi-grade Hawaiian tuna and meaty burgers bursting with fresh-ground Angus beef or great range bison, all of which can be paired with a house microbrew.